A while ago I published a blog post about San Francisco’s newest and soon-to-be-tallest building and followed that up with a post about an iconic building:
- Autodesk Gallery in San Francisco: Getting physical Exhibit
- Transamerica Pyramid Building in San Francisco
In addition to the Salesforce Building and Transamerica Pyramid, when I walk from the Autodesk One Market office to our Pier 9 workshop, I get a glimpse of the Coit Tower.
Like I did for the Transamerica Pyramid, using Wikipedia as a resource (copied and rearranged info below), here is what I learned about the Coit Tower.
- Coit Tower, also known as the Lillian Coit Memorial Tower, is located in the Telegraph Hill neighborhood of San Francisco, California.
- At her death in 1929, Lillie Hitchcock Coit left one-third ($118,000) of her estate to the city for civic beautification.
- The tower was proposed in 1931 as an appropriate use of…