There are some situations where the Scope Box property of a view is greyed out – so you cannot assign a Scope Box to the view.
The answer may be to do with the Crop Boundary – and it may not be obvious, especially if the crop boundary is hidden.
To track this down:
- Make the Crop Boundary visible
- It may or may not be apparent that the Crop Boundary has been edited
- Or it may not be obvious – if only a minor edit is done to the boundary
- Select the crop boundary
- If it has been cropped, the Ribbon will show the ‘Reset Crop’ icon available
- Another way to check if it has been cropped is to look for the shape-handles on the crop boundary – extra dots indicate segments in a boundary
- Click on ‘Reset Crop’ – the edits to the boundary will be removed (along with the extra shape-handles)
- The Scope Box property will now be available for use.
- The ‘Reset Crop’ icon will now be greyed out -…