When you tick the box ‘Reference Other View’ you get a list of possible views to reference. That list of views is not predictable (so I thought) – however, I’ve narrowed down some extra rules about which views might be available:
- A plan, section, elevation or detail view will only show in the list if it is cropped (This caught me out at first).
- A drafting view cannot be cropped – so the above rule does not apply.
- A so-called “Rendering” view, which is actually like a drafting view with an image on it- so it cannot be cropped
- Certain view family/types are available depending on the active view being placed in – see the list below.
- If you apply the first two rules to the list of view types below, you might just be able to predict what can be referenced when.