Autodesk Revit is arguably the best BIM (Building Information Modeling) tool around the world. This champion software has it all for designing construction engineering models and preparing constructible documents. But to utilize Revit fully, you need to know all the nooks and crannies in the software. And to help with that, here are the top 40 revit tips to live on!
1. This may sound cheesy, but? don’t go back to AutoCAD! Ever.
2. Periodically set the walls transparent to see what’s behind them.
3. Best if you don’t make a large group at one. Try building a small group and add elements to it.
4. Don’t import stuff until you really need them, because they burden a model.
5. Don’t annotate 3D elements as 2D – keep it proper, especially in case of openings.
6. Smart family, smart choice!
7. Link your schedules to excel files, so you can make changes easily across the board.
8. When you’re working with a pretty heavy model, try not to use the filter option for viewing selective…