A BIM-capable firm or contractor will be able to deliver a high-quality build that’s more efficient and affordable. Considering the time and resources a project will require, one of the greatest challenges that clients face is predicting the amount of time and money a project will require.
BIM can remove some of the mystery surrounding a project’s cost and construction timeline even if it is impossible to predict precisely how much a project will cost or how long it will take to complete.
Design and construction benefit from BIM in five key ways:
- Savings on resources and costs.
- A shorter project life cycle and greater efficiency.
- Coordinating and communicating more effectively.
- Modular and prefabricated construction opportunities.
- A higher quality of results.
1. Savings on Resources & Costs
The ability to predict construction costs with high accuracy long before construction begins is a very important benefit of BIM. Architects use this method to not only estimate…